Saturday, March 13, 2010

And my bank fails again...

Accidentally get double-charged while using your card? Better hope you're not traveling when it happens.

My job sent me on a month-long business trip this week at the last minute, so in preparation for my new temporary position, I headed out and bought some new clothes the day before I left. When being rung up, the first register had problems with the credit card machine, so they switched me to a second counter and I was on my way.

However, after arriving at my new job, I noticed that both transactions had posted to my account. I emailed customer support, and got a form letter back instructing me to call the customer support line instead.

Filled with dread, I took out 45 minutes of my work day to wait on hold. Finally, I was patched through to a sales associated. Unfortunately, in order to dispute a transaction, they have to send paper documents to my house - and apparently can't send them to a temporary address. So, all in all, I'm stuck with a rather large double bill for the next freakin' month until I get home.

At least I have enough money to carry it for now - good thing it wasn't my plane ticket or car rental - then I'd be in real trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment